Calling all moodlers

iMoot, the world’s first online MoodleMoot (‘moot’ is a word of ancient origin used to popularly name gatherings of Moodle users and developers around the world) is kicking off this coming week, Thursday 4 February to Sunday, 7 February 2010.

Quick numbers: 31 timezones, 210 countries, 40 presenters in 3 streams … all unlimited for AUD$45 and there is bound to be a time slot that suits you!

I know I sound like a salesman now (no, I don’t get a dime out of it) but this is a fantastic opportunity to have access to all materials, share, learn and connect with fellow moodlers from around the world for four days at a cost of a few beers.

Here is a little teaser/intro to my own presentation (in the Teacher Stream) titled ‘Forum – the heart of Moodle’. (YouTube version link)

Forum – the heart of Moodle from Tomaz Lasic on Vimeo.  (Sorry, the audio goes a tad funny :-/ ah well…)

I am sure that the inaugural iMoot will be packed with great presentations, panel discussions and just some renown Moodle camaraderie, even if online this time.

If you haven’t had a chance to look, here is the address again: http://imoot.org

Big thank you goes to Julian, Leonie, Shane, Martin & the rest of the iMoot crew for putting on this event.

See you at the iMoot!