Moodle 2 intro clips

In my role as Educational Researcher at Moodle HQ, I get to play around with things a bit.

Over the last week or so, I got to create a series of short clips to introduce some of the main new and redesigned features of the recently released Moodle 2.0. Here they come … in a funky ‘skin’:

If the clips don’t play well, please help yourself to the original playlist on YouTube.

The clips only have a voiceover but no music. Or as Martin suggested, “play some Herbie Hancock while watching” 😀

Enjoy and share freely!

PS Big thanks to and a big plug for Lumaxart for sharing their excellent ‘orange guys’ artwork on Flickr (see ‘Full Sampler, CC licensed). Even my 2 year old son is thankful for “The Moodles”, loves them!

12 thoughts on “Moodle 2 intro clips”

1. Hi Tomaz,
    this is some aweful stuff you’ve created for us moodlers and it’s a great idea
    to publish the videos in a playlist! We really do appreciate your work – will watch the videos with a Mojito +Herbie Hancock 😉
    Sigi

2. Hi Tomaz,
    Sigi

3. The newly redesigned new features of Moodle is great! I never thought you would come into concepts like these and it will surely make those moodlers out there to grab one of these. I have always enjoyed using Moodle and will continue to do so. I can’y hardly wait for more of these in the near future. Keep up the good work!

4. The newly redesigned new features of Moodle is great! I never thought you would come into concepts like these and it will surely make those moodlers out there to grab one of these. I have always enjoyed using Moodle and will continue to do so. I can’y hardly wait for more of these in the near future. Keep up the good work!

5. Hi Tomaz,

This is really great stuff – just what we need for our schools to make the transition to Moodle2.0 easier. Thanks a lot for the great work,

Ulrike

6. Hi Tomaz,

Ulrike

7. So it’s your fault! 🙂 I run the websites for a small company that runs outsourced uni courses and we’ve been bullied by the uni into using Moodle. The course is a mix of face to face lectures and online discussions. For the past 11 years we’ve been using a simple website with forums for each course, originally UBB and now SMF. Now we’re trying to assimilate the brave new world of Moodle.

Lets start with a nomenclature issue… to most of us when you see “Front Page” on a menu you think of an old piece of Microsoft software, so you figure that menu’s not for you! You run 4 courses and you don’t want everyone to see every forum (or worse still for everyone who is “subscribed” to get an email every time anyone posts on any forum for any subject), so you try going down the path of groups only to discover that the lecturer has to post to the group to seed the conversation. Maybe students can start discussions… nothing in the docs suggests this is possible with groups, unless the lecturer seeds the conversation. And that’s just on day one! You want to put up a nice little box with contact details for office and faculty staff somewhere on the homepage… I’ll tackle that one tomorrow, hopefully before my cardiologist appointment (I’m serious!). What I’m hoping to find is a way to set up a homepage on Moodle that lets me embed my html and SMF forums in frames so it looks like we’re using Moodle. A paradigm shift is one thing, but the paradigm has been pushed over a cliff!

I do feel a bit better now… but maybe that’s just my nitro spray doing it’s job on the angina pains! (and once again I am being serious) 😉

8. So it’s your fault! 🙂 I run the websites for a small company that runs outsourced uni courses and we’ve been bullied by the uni into using Moodle. The course is a mix of face to face lectures and online discussions. For the past 11 years we’ve been using a simple website with forums for each course, originally UBB and now SMF. Now we’re trying to assimilate the brave new world of Moodle.

9. Ramble on freely. Your display of knowledge and understanding of Moodle and the sort of things that people (apparently can’t :D) do with it is … public. If it makes you feel better, be my guest 🙂

10. Ramble on freely. Your display of knowledge and understanding of Moodle and the sort of things that people (apparently can’t :D) do with it is … public. If it makes you feel better, be my guest 🙂