A Prezi

Nothing terribly brainy from me today…

I gave up on Prezi twice before but last couple of evenings I finally got my head around it. It takes a little getting used to conceptually (endless depth and width of canvas) but it is a fun tool with some pretty cool final output.

Here is little presentation about Moodle (gee, how original 😉 ). While navigating you can play full screen and autoplay too (‘More’). Feel free to share, copy, rename, even print this Prezi out if you like. My first…

12 thoughts on “A Prezi”

1. Hi Tomaz,

Great Prezi. Really enjoyed it. 🙂

Do I have the permission to translate it to Portuguese?

Cheers from Portugal
    Maria

2. Hi Tomaz,

Great Prezi. Really enjoyed it. 🙂

Cheers from Portugal
    Maria

3. Hi Tomaz,

cool stuff! I’ve been semi-skeptical about Prezi and have written several posts about it on my blog.

I think it’s a cool tool, but the learning curve is a bit high in the beginning… and there’s the danger that the presenter is so happy about using Prezi that he doesn’t focus on the content but rather shows what Prezi can do.

But I’ve been eager to learn. Maybe like Peter, I will have another Go.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Oliver

4. Hi Tomaz,

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Oliver

5. I would be honoured Maria. Go for it, look forward to seeing this Prezi in Portuguese.
    Thank you
    Tomaz

6. I would be honoured Maria. Go for it, look forward to seeing this Prezi in Portuguese.
    Thank you
    Tomaz

7. I ran across Prezi some time ago, too. Thanks for the reminder, I had forgot the name and looked for it later. Your demo helped me wonder about if I will want to use it.

I don’t know, though. In a sense, it is engaging, I could practically feel those transitions in my gut, like I am flying in an ocean of exciting… stuff. On the other hand, it made me feel really disoriented. In a traditional sequenced presentation like powerpoint, you can make your own notes when following the presentation, connecting the concepts to your own mental models. In this sort of a mindmap I’m being flown through, it seems the presenter is enforcing their structure on me. It seems more effort to try to create my own somehow on top of it, since I first have to break down the presenter’s structure. Of course, that might make the learning that much more engaged, and I guess it depends on the context whether or not we want that.

So creating a live presentation, I still think the engagement would mostly be better built by the presenter, actively interacting/discussing with the audience. Perhaps for online purposes this makes things less boring at times. 🙂

(Thanks also for the previous, deeper post. Admire your going into the essentials of life, love and learning. Someday, I’ll have something more to say about that.)

8. I ran across Prezi some time ago, too. Thanks for the reminder, I had forgot the name and looked for it later. Your demo helped me wonder about if I will want to use it.

9. Hi Thomaz,
    I really appreciate your prezi. As a moodle user, I looked to moodle in a different way. Can you let me to share this in our school’s moodle page?

Kind regards,
    Elif

10. Hi Thomaz,

Kind regards,
    Elif