A couple of fellow bloggers tagged me into this meme-game of “7 Things You Don’t Know About Me’. Memetics is actually quite a fascinating, if controversial and bickering, field of human interest you may wish to be ‘infected with’. I have read Susan Blackmore’s The Meme Machine not long after it came out in 1999 and have held a loose interest to many of her ideas since. Well, let me spread some pretty innocuous memes.
In no particular order, seven things about me (most of) you probably did not know:
1. In the mid-1990’s I became the first person in the world to have played at the senior international level of water polo for 3 (yes, three) countries – Yugoslavia, Slovenia and Australia. I ended my elite level water polo career after the third stunningly bizarre missing out on Olympic Games (Barcelona, Atlanta, Sydney) but I am happy to have played (and won) European Champions League (2x), World Championships, World Cups & many other -ips, -ups and -es.
2. I now play much less serious water polo for a beer or two after the game.
4. Despite spending just about half of my waking life in water, I have a deep water phobia. I want to see that bottom!
6. Will forever regret not writing down the 5 rules of “what makes a sport” after a heated discussion with my wife and best friend.
7. Last one….huh, hard to think. My three favourite -ies: serendipty, humility, humanity. (Maybe ‘brewery’ ? 🙂
There you go… And since this is a kind of ‘world tag’ game I am compelled to tag a few people like a bad Nigerian money scam (except this one’s got no money in it). If you are one of the poor few, please excuse – I’m on holidays and it was 38 degrees outside today!
My ‘tags’ are all female and sprinkled around the world – a feeble attempt to redress my 7 pretty ‘male’ things and my Eddies 08 nominations gender (and geographical) myopia.
Marie @ The Learning Curve
Have a good 2009.